Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Metamorpho - what???

I remember the first time we collected monarch caterpillars with my kids so we could watch them change into beautiful butterflies. I have been obsessed with monarchs ever since. I also remember sitting my kids down and making books about the changes the caterpillar would go through. I told them this change was called metamorphosis and they would always ask me later what it was called again. They would say metamorpho - what??? I loved doing this with my kids and we have learned so many valuable lessons from these beautiful creatures.

When they are changing from caterpillar to the next stage it looks very painful as they hang upside down and wriggle around to shed their skin. My life has been very much like that. Much of the pain that I went through is the very thing that revealed Christ's beauty within me.

I also know if I ain't changin' I ain't livin'. Life is full of change. If I resist that I miss out on the next stage of my personal metamorphosis.

How about you??? Doing any changing lately? Yield to God and His plan for your life even if that means that you have a little wriggling around to do!

Sorry there wasn't a Make a Choice Monday yesterday. We were traveling home from the mountains(where we found 24 cterpillars by the way - I will post pictures later this week). Yesterday was also a very special day. I have been married to my best friend for 18 years. I love ya Greg - can't wait to spend the next 18 with you by my side!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Runner Mom said...

Glad y'all had a fun time!! And "Happy Anniversary!!"

Hugs!
susan