Friday, September 11, 2009

New Beginnings

Today was the official start of a few things. Our co-op started for the year. MOPS at Mt. Calvary kicked off and they graciously asked me to speak on friendship. I had a blast by the way. They are one of the most precious, kind, and warm groups. So today also kicked off a speaking season for me. My schedule is filling up as much as I feel I can allow although after today I would love to do it every week:)

This week also marked another milestone. My 18 year old son got a motorcycle. Add this to the list of things I am sure I won't survive. The funny thing about that list is I have survived it all so far. Pray, pray, pray for him if you think of it. Letting go is a hard thing to do.

Cayla decided to take drum lessons from a friend of ours and he found her an awesome drum kit. He came over and set it up last night and very early this morning I heard her on it with her music playing. Just thankful she has the attic bedroom now!

Now, I sit here in my old black sweatpants and sweatshirt trying to keep warm and getting ready to clean an office I clean once a month. From speaker to janitor all in the same day. I love how God keeps me humble. We are going to go apple picking tomorrow if the rain stops and Cayla has a game on Sunday! The first of the season. Another official start this fall.


There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

~Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


So here's to new seasons! Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Denise,

I'm so excited that God is opening so many doors for you to speak. I'm sure you're wonderful. Wish I could hear you.

We still have our A/C cranked here...wearing shorts. I won't even mention that I'm jealous you're in a sweatsuit AND you get to pick apples. LOL

Enjoy that MOPS group!