Friday, September 4, 2009

Posted - Keep Out!


We are headed to the mountains for the weekend. When we go up there is always certain things that the guys do. They mow grass, fill deer feeders, clean up brush that has grown over the four wheeler paths, etc...As hunting season nears they will often check the signs that surround our property telling others that it is private property. You know the signs telling others to KEEP OUT!

The last time we were up I looked at those signs and thought about my own life. I often guard my heart against those that I should allow into my life and I guard against God and doing the thing that He wants me to do all because I have allowed Satan in. Ironic isn't it???? We keep out what we should let in and we let in what we should keep out.

I should bring others in to help me and encourage me but instead I FEAR what they will think. I should go forward with the things that God wants me to do but instead I DOUBT I am capable.

So this weekend when I look at those signs I want to be reminded that I need to be alert and guard against Satan's schemes and I need to keep out doubt and fear that are his tools he uses to get me off track. I need to remember to let others in and step out and do the thing that God has for me. I have been battling doubt big time in the last two weeks. I started school and I have been doubted that I am qualified to homeschool my kids. I am speaking twice this month and I doubt I have anything important to say. I haven't brought others in on this because I fear what they will think of me and I have been holding back on what God is calling me to because of this.

1 Peter 5:8 tells us, “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”

Today I am going to be on alert and hang a posted - private property sign against Satan. I am going to stop buying into his lies and schemes. Instead of letting him in I am going to let God and others in. I hope you do too!

Have a blessed day!


1 comment:

Heather Kay said...

Great Post Denise! I needed to read that, I am right there with you...why is it that I feel like I am always writing this same comment?! :)