Thursday, September 24, 2009

Time is ticking away......

“Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.”

Interesting quote isn't it????? I was flipping through this years pictures and I realized how quickly time passes and I can't get it back. We keep all our pictures from each particular year together in a box. I saw pictures of softball in the spring and Chris graduating. There were pictures of summer fun at the pool and time spent at the mountains. There were pictures of my grandson being born and pictures of each of my kids.

As I flipped through these "moments in time" I felt tears well up in my eyes. Was I patient? Was I a good mom and grandma? Does my husband know just how much he means to me? Time is free but yes it is priceless. We can't get it back so we need to spend it as wisely as we know how. We were made stewards of our time and I know that sometimes I fail. It is easy to be selfish and waste time. Lately I have wasted a lot of time worrying over things I can't change. So much so that some old health problems are rearing there ugly head. I read Lysa TerKeurst's blog post today about asking God to be your portion when you fall short. I am always amazed at how He always faithfully brings me to a place to read the exact thing I need at the exact moment I need it. God is sooo amazing! I don't need to fret about places I am afraid I fell short or over things that seem out of control I just need to ask for Him to be my portion.

It's been another busy week here at the Groves so I was thankful for a few minutes to look through the pictures. It has bee a great reminder to not get so caught up in being busy and to spend my time wisely.

On another totally unrelated note I spoke on Tuesday at Hanover First Church of God. I took Cayla with me. Right before I spoke Cayla could sense I was getting nervous so she laid her hand on my back and prayed. That was priceless - a moment in time I hope to be forever etched in my mind.

Have a blessed night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are just so cool cooler then frozen pizzas ;)
haha hope you have a wonderful week