Monday, October 12, 2009

Make A Choice Monday

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the Lord's renown, for an everlasting sign, which will not be destroyed." ~Isaiah 55:8-13

I listened to the end of a sermon yesterday on the radio. It really spoke to me. I am going to link it here for you to listen to you if you have time. You will need to click on “current series” and listen to “Does God really care” – October 4th.

The sermon talked about being angry with God when there is suffering. He had the coolest illustration. He said that if you saw him cutting off someone’s leg you would think he were some kind of animal and be distraught but what if you saw it and later found out that by cutting off the leg it saved that person’s life. Changes things doesn’t it???? It is that way with God. We don’t get to see the whole picture or know all the details and we often become angry and bitter with God when there is suffering but I wonder how it would change if we could see the big picture. His ways are higher than our ways. Period. I needed to hear this right now.

Just like that sermon spoke to me yesterday His word is there for us to speak to our situation every day. So today let’s choose to be in His word and listening to those who are teaching His word. I thought about how this seems like such an obvious thing. I kept hearing the song I sang as a child that said “read my Bible and pray every day”! But I realize that there are days that go by and I am busy and I don’t do this. Then I feel so empty. I try listen to a few different sermons/teachings on the internet each week. You can find a lot of great stuff at Oneplace. Often the things I hear are just the things I need at the moment. I love how God does that. I could spend that time mindlessly doing other things (and often I do) but when I choose to listen I am fed. It is that simple but I have to do something He doesn’t just drop it on my head! It is my choice when it comes to how I will spend my time. When I do It helps me to go out in joy and be led forth in peace and I have the promise that His word will not return void.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: