Monday, October 19, 2009

Make A Choice Monday

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. ~Proverbs 31:10-12

A mother of noble character. No. A friend of noble character. No. Ok, ok – I got it. A ministry leader of noble character. NO! Ugh!!! It doesn’t say any of that. It says wife. A wife of noble character is worth far more than rubies. I know some days this wife ain’t worth a cubic zirconium.

I spend a lot of time trying to “produce” great kids. I spend a lot of time trying to be a good friend. I also spend a lot of time doing “ministry” whether it is speaking, preparing to speak, or being a part of the women’s ministry team for the Eastern District. But the one area I know I am lacking is working on being a good wife. I mean I have good intentions but somehow all those other things choke out my ambition and I end up empty for the man that I am supposed to be bringing good, not harm to for all the days of my life.

So today my choice is to think about my husband and what I can do today to make his life a bit easier. To bring him good and make my marriage a priority. I know when I get things in the proper order things go much better. God first and Greg second. Even after 18 years of marriage I have a lot to learn.

I am going to be going through Proverbs 31 over the next few Mondays. I hope you will join me. I used to think the idea of this Proverbs 31 woman was totally absurd and unattainable but I know now that I can learn a lot from this “chick”. I also know that I am on a journey. It is not about perfection but about how much I depended on God along the way. I am going to depend on Him to teach me to be a wife of noble character.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: