I am a procrastinator. Have been as long as I can remember. I was the one who crammed for tests and waited until the night before a paper was due to write it. This has its advantages and disadvantages. I used to look at it only in a negative light but I realized having the ability to put some things aside and just enjoy life has its advantages.
Unfortunately I have been putting too much aside lately and I need to gain some control. I have a few things that need my attention NOW! So today my choice I am making is to:
3. Put it into action
I want God to order my "to do" list. I don't want the list to control me but be a guide. If God brings some unexpected thing my way today that is ok too. His word is clear.....
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. ~Proverbs 16:3
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. ~Proverbs 16:9
I am also going to make a list but set a goal of doing the top three things today. If I took a list and thought I had to accomplish it all today I would become overwhelmed and would shut down and accomplish nothing. I am going to take baby steps today. A small choice to make life a bit easier.
My list will probably look something like this:
1. E-mail questions to MOPS group that I am speaking at next week.
2. Go through Catey's winter clothes.
3. Check on my grandma who hasn't been feeling well.
4. Set a date to have coffee with a friend that I was supposed to e-mail last week:)
5. Finish my talk on the 3 R's of Motherhood for Tuesday.
6. Get kids costumes for our churches Trunk or Treat on Friday.
7. Get caught up on correcting Cayla's grammar and vocab.
You get the idea. I have a lot swirling around in my mind and I just need to sit down and get a list going and have God help me to prioritize and get things done. Not everything today but I bet by the end of the week I can have this list gone!
So remember today to choose to Pray, Prioritize, Plan, and Put it into action!
Have a blessed day!
Fashion Friday: Edition gingham style
20 hours ago