Friday, October 2, 2009

Starbucks, Soup, and Uggs....

Ok so I thought of 3 more reasons that its ok it is getting cold. I love a warm bowl of Chicken Corn Chowder and you can hardly eat that when its hot or what about Starbucks??? It is hard to drink a peppermint mocha in the middle of the afternoon when its 90 degrees out. And who doesn't love a warm comfortable pair of Uggs. I could hardly wait to get mine out for the season.

So there! I will survive. I need to just be thankful that I am not one of those outrageous headlines I read yesterday like the poor woman who got pregnant while she was already pregnant. I had no idea that could happen. I thought the the good thing about being pregnant was that you didn't have to worry about getting pregnant. Then I read that a nude photo of Brooke Shields, from when she was 10, was pulled from some exhibit. You heard that right - 10! Well I guess so and I hope whoever took the photo is in jail.

And once again on a totally unrelated note I watched a slide show on the falls latest fashion trends. It was all about leggings. I am not sure how to feel about this. I am really struggling with the fact that I don't think I can do leggings along with the skinny jeans. So I wonder....is this when it happens? Is this the age when I become a totally out of style mom. You know you often wonder why as women get older they don't seem to keep up with the latest trends and I think I may have found the answer. Something comes along that they just can't pull off so they stay stuck in the previous seasons styles and they stay frozen there. I guess I may just be frozen in the wide legged jeans era(I hope my kids don't make fun and say I am so out of style:).

Well we are headed t the mountains for the weekend and I haven't packed. I am also watching Nathan and need to pick Cayla up at her Algebra class.

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

cherise said...

I SO agree with you on the leggings/skinny jeans thing and have often wondered the same thing. Is this the age where it all goes downhill? Literally! Just remember, the last legging trend didn't last forever. Plus, I've noticed that styles seem to overlap longer than they used to. Stylish people are still wearing wide leg jeans, boot leg jeans and now skinny leg jeans. And, I figure if I can get it at Gap - it's all good! I can't be too out of style.