Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Today

Today I am headed to the EFCA Eastern District Conference. This summer I was asked to be on the women's ministry board and this is my first official meeting in that capacity. I am excited.

Greg is in the mountains hunting and I am missing him terribly. I HATE doing life all alone. I am thankful to have an 18 year old son to be the "man of the house". I used to be terribly afraid and not sleep well when Greg went away now between Chris and my 90 lb dog I know nobody is going to get in here:)

Chris started a full time job yesterday. He is not sure if it is really what he wants to do. Please pray for him. He has been struggling with what he wants to do and I know this is a very tough time. I thought when the kids got older my job would get easier. Physically it does but emotionally it is really tough. I want so much for him to find the thing that God created him for and for him to find that peace that passes all understanding. The hard thing about being the mom when they are this age is you can't do it for them. They have to wrestle through things and struggle for themselves and I hate that.

Well sorry for the rambling. I am really trying to process some of what I am feeling right now. Motherhood has so many different phases and stages - just when I get through one thing I am starting something else. I am so glad I am not doing it alone and that God is walking right beside me!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Faith Imagined said...

I also hate when my hubby is gone! I will send a prayer your son's way!