Saturday, October 31, 2009

Verse and other random things...

It is a beautiful fall morning as I sit at my dining room table and write this. I am supposed to be working on something and somehow I always end up her in the blog world totally distracted. It is wonderfully quiet as I suppose Trunk or Treat must have worn my little ones out because they have yet to make a peep. Greg is out of town hunting and I miss him so much I can barely stand it. We started out our married life together with one of the most volatile relationships and 18 years later he is my dearest friend. That is how God works when we allow Him to. I don't always, in fact sometimes I dig my heels in and refuse to move but when I finally go where He wants he turns volatile into beautiful.

I realized I never shared my memory verse for the 15th of October. So here it is:

For you, O God, test us, you refine us like silver. You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs. You let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance.

~Psalm 66:10-12


I love the idea of Him bringing me to a place of abundance and I have seen it happen. Just like my marriage and many other things in my life. I really was struggling in September and fell into some depression. I know now some of what I was going through was a part of the refining process. We will deal with different struggles. We struggle against the Enemy, the world, and our flesh. But sometimes what we go through is part of that refining process that God takes us through to make us beautiful and more like Him. I am so thankful He loves me enough and cares enough to take me through that process. That He desires to be in relationship with me and that He desires to redeem me and make me whole and beautiful.

I hope you have a blessed weekend and I hope if you are struggling that You let the words of that verse comfort you. He will bring you to a place of abundance. His word promises it!

No comments: