Thursday, October 1, 2009

What is Global Warming?????

I know that science was never a strong subject area for me but what in the world is global warming???? As I sit here and type this my fingers are so cold they are numb and how is it that 50 degrees feels great in February but on October 1st I am afraid Greg will come home and find me frozen to my chair. I think it is time to crank up the furnace and get out my heating blanket. Greg will love that! On a more positive note I thought I would make a list of good things about being cold. You know try the power of positive thinking thing. Turn the negative into positive. Turn things around - chiastic structure or something like that for all you Esther ladies. So here goes:

1. I can wear sweatshirts and sweaters to hide the 10lbs I want to lose.
2. I have an excuse to buy these cute boots and this sweater.
3. Lower my risk of skin cancer

Ok 3 was all I could come up with but its a start. I guess I need to just embrace the change of seasons since my whining and begging to move to warmer temperatures(maybe someplace this global warming thing is happening)hasn't worked.

On a totally unrelated note Cayla got asked to the homecoming dance. Tuesday night in my kitchen her brother danced with her because she was afraid she wouldn't know how. As long as I live I hope I always remember that moment etched in time. I get a tear thinking about how fast they have grown up. She is nervous about dancing since we homeschoolers never really have a chance to do that. I can't wait to go dress shopping, which by the way her brother also said he needs to approve of the dress. I love the way he protects her.

Yesterday was Carla's birthday. Happy birthday friend! Her and I walk every morning at 5:50. Instead of walking today we surprised her with breakfast. Greg is a fantastic cook and I was happy to not have to be in the cold!

And finally(talk about a random post)this is my scripture for October 1st:

Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
"They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because He is Lord of lords and King of kings--and with Him will be His called, chosen and faithful followers."

HALLELUJAH! Doesn't that just make everything ok. I praise Him that I was called and chosen and I pray I show myself faithful!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Heather Kay said...

Although I am not crazy about the cold, I can help with your list.

4. Hot cocoa
5. Hot cider
6. Smell of wood burning
7. Fall leaves
8. Snuggling without sweat :)

Thanks for stopping by yesterday, I really appreciated it!