Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hey Girls....

Don't forget to leave a comment on Monday's post for a chance to win Lysa TerKeurst's book!

I am sitting here after just rewatching my Bible study video from Tuesday. It was so good I had to download it. God has used it in a powerful way. Not only did I get an answer about that thing I had been waiting on it encouraged me to keep waiting on something else. It was all about moving past our devastation with God. I know that is a hard thing to do. You know when God doesn't do what we think He should do. Satan can really use that. He has used it in my life and it steals my joy and brings bitterness.

I have had some devastations. Some things I just can't figure out. They are the very thing that always brings me to a crossroad. I feel like I get to a point where I drop to my knees in uncontrollable sobbing (I was there just this morning)and I feel like I am either going to walk away from everything I believe and be bitter or I am going to trust and go deeper with God. I wrestle it out with Him every time but every time I come to the same conclusion. Please hear me when I say this.... The situation has not changed yet but I decide I am going with God every time and He gives me a strength and a hope that DOES NOT dissapoint.

I don't know who is reading this or where you are at right now. Maybe you are still wrestling the thing out. Maybe you have given up. But right now that can all change. You can choose to go with God on it even though you don't undersatnd it. It will be hard. You will be tempted to give up. You might spend a lot of time on your face in tears but at the end of the day, in the dark of night, when it is just you and Him you will have hope. Seek Him. Seek His face and He WILL be found!

The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. ~Psalm 9:9-10

He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me. ~Psalm 18:16-19


I am praying for all of you tonight. Have a blessed night!

No comments: