Monday, November 23, 2009

Make a Choice Monday

Good Monday afternoon everyone! I don't know about you but I am starting to get excited about the holidays. With Thanksgiving this week I have been reminded all day long of all the things I have to be thankful for.

Remember a few weeks ago my post about Pray, Plan, Prioritize, and Put into action???? Well today we are going to do the same thing in regard to the holidays. In previous years I would become so overwhelmed because of lack of planning that I wouldn't even enjoy the holidays. I have learned in recent years what my strengths and what my weaknesses are and I have learned to evaluate what is really important.

So today we are going to choose to evaluate and pray this week about what we NEED to do before Christmas and write it down. After that we will make a list of what we would like to do. Then we can get out our calendar and see what goals are realistic and what do we need to let go of so that we have the most peaceful Christmas season.

I used to beat myself up because I am not a very good "cook". I have learned to let that go and instead of being upset that I can't bake 33 different kinds of Christmas cookies I enjoy baking 3 kinds with my kids (and the sugar ones are pre-made dough!)

When we remind ourself of what is really important and realize it really has nothing to do with the most beautifully decorated tree or the biggest spread of cookies we are freed up to enjoy this special time of year.

Tuesday or Wednesday I will share with you some of our family's traditions and also a few "new" things I would like to make time for this year! I will also share my plan to get it all done!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

~ Dawn ~ said...

I am so excited for the holidays this year. I am ready to start new traditions and have fun with old ones. Thank you for such a great post. I was starting to get fluster with everything I need to get done but you reminded me that everything doesn't have to be perfect. I will pray about my plans and pray that God will guide me. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.