Monday, November 30, 2009

Make a Choice Monday

I ate my wieght in chocolate pie. I think I have eaten a bottle of Tums since Thursday. I feel tired and my jeans are tight. Ugh! The holidays are here and it starts already. I think I heard the average person gains 1-2 pounds from Thanksgiving to New Years. I gained mine already:)

So what's the solution? Not eat all the good food? Count calories at Christmas gatherings and be grumpy? I don't think that would work for me. I do know I have a few weeks before my next holiday gathering. I do know that I can be careful with the leftovers. I also know I can find ways to get in more exercise by just being aware of how much I move during the day.

So today I am choosing to get back to a little better diet. One that doesn't involve chocolate pie and whipcream. Move more and eat less and I will be feeling better in no time. I make this much more complicated than I need to. It doesn't need to be my focus because beleive me I have much more important things to concentrate on this holiday season. I don't need a crash diet I just need to make small choices each day that will make a big difference in the end.

I also need to be careful with what I eat because I have been fighting a cold and I know my diet has a huge effect on my immune system.

Today when I go Christmas shopping and I see Starbucks I won't pass by and then be grumpy about it but I will order a tall instead of a grande and it will be non-fat no whip!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

cherise said...

They also have a "short" that they don't advertise. Might be enough to hit the spot.