Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tempted To Give Up!

Do you ever just feel tempted to give up? I do. All the time. I am actually embarrassed to even type that. Something will happen and I will start feeling bad and start complaining and it's like a spark that sets a whole forest on fire.

*The scale doesn't budge even though I eat yogurt and fiber cereal for breakfast instead on Fruity Pebbles.

*The child doesn't change even though I have prayed everyday for a breakthrough.

*There are two loads of laundry sitting here even though I have done at least 8 loads in the last two days. I swear just like the stuffed animals in my house it multiplies in the hamper.

*There's not enough money for the new kitchen table I want.

*Christmas is coming and I need to bake cookies, decorate, and buy gifts for several people who already have everything so I need to be creative. And I have to do this all while being cheery!

Ugh! Do you see where this thought process goes??? Right in the toilet. One bad thought leads to another and then before you know it I am sad, overwhelmed, and ready to give up! But you know what also usually happens right at that time??? I read a devotional about 37 days of kindness and putting others before ourselves. I watch a video by Jennifer Rothschild about being grateful. After that I read yet another e-mail devotion and this is the verse:

James 1:2-3 "Whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow" (NLT).

Don't you just love God! He is so patient. He gently takes my hand and reminds me(several times - He knows how "slow" I am) that I have a chance to grow and I need to change my heart of grumbling to an attitude of praise, gratefulness, and kindness towards others. When I do that all of those other things that consumed my thoughts fade into the background and don't seem to matter much anymore.

I am not sure how you are feeling today but DON"T BE TEMPTED TO GIVE UP! That is exactly what Satan wants us to do. He wants to convince us that God really isn't good after all. He is. He has a plan. Hang on and trust Him!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Heather Kay said...

Amen, Sister! Thanks I needed that today!