Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful

As I sit here typing this my heart and belly are very full:) As crazy as my family can be there is nothing like spending the holidays together. We arrived in the mountains yesterday afternoon and the meal was well on its way. We spent the afternoon eating and watching football.

My dear husband got up at 2 AM and took Cayla, Catey, and my nephew Tyler "shopping". He is a man like no other and I am so thankful that 18 years ago I married him. A man I hardly knew. A man I fought like crazy with. A man that God had awesome plans for. He redeemed us and all our mistakes. I don't know how Greg did it but he stayed by my side all those years. He is sleeping now. Exhausted from his late night shopping and I am ever so thankful that he is mine.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. I know life can be really hard and sometimes holidays can make that weight heavier instead of lighter. I didn't spend this holiday with my two daughters. I think they spent it with their biological mom. I guess I am just trying to say that this life is not perfect and is full of many difiicult things but we just need to hang on. Jesus knows our pain. We just need to trust and praise Him in spite of what we feel and turn our pain into an offering poured out at His feet. Today I am counting my blessings and trusting God with the rest.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: