Friday, November 6, 2009

Update....

Ok, so I never did get a chance to update you this week. Sorry. I always do have good intentions and the blog world is never really too far from my mind, but.....

Anyway, my grandma is still in the hospital. It wasn't pneumonia but it was something bronchial and since she was sick for a few weeks it took all week for her to begin to get her strength back. Today she was being very outspoken so I feel confident she will be released this weekend and back to her old tricks in no time. Since it has been so long since I posted I thought I would just let you know a few things that I have been up to lately and what I have been into. So here goes:

Where I've been lately(besides the hospital)...

Tuesday morning I spent the morning at LCBC's MOPS group. I had a great time. They were very gracious considering I didn't feel as prepared as I would have liked to have been. Wednesday I had lunch with some of the ladies from the Eastern District team as we prepared for the spring trainings. I had pumpkin soup for the first time and it was great! Cayla and I are going to the Revolve Tour tomorrow. This Monday evening I am in Temple, PA with another MOPS group.

Current Bible Study...

"Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed A Study Of David"

Books I Am Reading....

"Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl" by Lysa Terkeurst

"The Knowledge Of The Holy" by A.W. Tozer

I was just given "Organic Outreach For Ordinary People" by Kevin Harney and I can't wait to crack it open. Oh, and of course I am reading the Zits calendar that Chris got me last year for Christmas. He was so glad to see someone had documented our life although I feel like I am constantly somewhere between Zits and Family Circus!

Drink I Am Into.....

Starbucks Peppermint Mocha of course!

Latest Addition To My Wardrobe....

Just got this sweater and these jeans from White House Black Market!

Beauty Stuff:)....

I know you already heard about my makeup find but I am still in love with my mineral makeup! I also have been wearing Light Blue perfume and I love it!

What I am Struggling With.....

Hypocrisy. I would have made a great Pharisee. I should be in the 12 step program for hypocrites. I expect perfection from others around me yet I am not perfect. I preach to my kids about speaking kind words and then as I am making lunch(after church of course) I become impatient and say something I shouldn't.

I am also struggling with a big decision that would greatly affect my family. Greg is in the mountains with the 3 little ones until Monday night and we are both committing to pray until then and make a decision.

New Memory Verse....

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:21 NIV

And finally, Music I Have Been Listening To....

I just bought Taylor Swift's two c.d.'s. Yes, much to my husbands dismay I do still occasionally buy c.d.'s. He doesn't understand why I don't just buy what I want on I-tunes. He tells this to a woman who still has a Sony Walkman. The first time my kids saw it they had no idea what it was. So sad. So, so sad. She has a song I will link below called "The Best Day". I have listened to it a million times and cry every time.

I also just recently bought a c.d. from 1000 Generations. I am absolutely in love with one of their songs(see below) and if I haven't put you to sleep with this update it would be well worth the listen.





Well, I am glad I had a chance to let you know what I have been up to. I have something fun in the works for Monday. I won't tell you in case it doesn't work out but I am hoping to do something different for Make A Choice Monday. So come back then! Have a blessed night!

No comments: