Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday Do's and Don't's

Thought I would share some of my limited holiday wisdom that I have learned, of course, the hard way.....

Do order your holiday ham ahead of time or you might be eating holiday duck(fa-ra-ra-ra)

Don't go into Walmart and ask where the Zhu-zhu pets are

Do expect chaos

Don't expect for things to go as planned

Do play in the snow if you get a chance

Don't expect to be able to move the next day if you do play in the snow

Do enjoy little ones if you still got 'em

Don't be disappointed when things don't turn out the way you thought they would

Do praise God for things just the way they are

I hope that you find some time just to sit at His feet today and tomorrow and especially Christmas day! I was overwhelmed yesterday and just grabbed my Bible. It opened up to Ecclesiastes 3. I have read this a million times but of course He met me there and spoke to me. He is faithful. Verse 6 & 7 says:

"a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak"

There is a time that we can just give up on the thing that is just wearing us out and give it over to Him. A time to keep holding on to dreams and a time to throw them away and seek the new things He has for our life.

I also flipped over to James. James 1:26 says:

If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.

Yikes! That one hurt because I know I have not been keeping a tight rein on my tongue lately. I have been impatient and too busy. Quick to snap at my family when I think they aren't cooperating with "the plan". Maybe I need to spend sometime being silent today:)

I will leave you with a few pictures from the weekend! Have a blessed day.











1 comment:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Thanks for the comment! I love the pictures, and I Thoroughly enjoyed your talk at Chiques Church!! Merry Christmas! Love you!