Monday, December 28, 2009

Make a Choice Monday

Good morning all! Hope you had a wonderful holiday. I am now trying to uncover from all the gifts, and instructions, and batteries, and small pieces, and trash, and food, and.....

It was a great Christmas here. Maybe not always what I planned but still good. My husband got me some really nice things and my kids got too much! I don't really have a specific "choice" today but I read a book on Saturday. The best book I have read in a while. I could not put it down. Read it all in one day. I definitely recommend reading it. It is very thought provoking and really challenges the way we see things and what we do with our time. I reflected a lot on my choices.



It is "Same Kind of Different As Me: A Modern-Day Slave, an International Art Dealer, and the Unlikely Woman Who Bound Them Together". Here is a short description:

A dangerous, homeless drifter who grew up picking cotton in virtual slavery.

An upscale art dealer accustomed to the world of Armani and Chanel.

A gutsy woman with a stubborn dream.

A story so incredible no novelist would dare dream it.

It begins outside a burning plantation hut in Louisiana . . . and an East Texas honky-tonk . . . and, without a doubt, in the heart of God. It unfolds in a Hollywood hacienda . . . an upscale New York gallery . . . a downtown dumpster . . . a Texas ranch.

Gritty with pain and betrayal and brutality, this true story also shines with an unexpected, life-changing love.


If you have read it or you do in the near future I would love to hear from you. I will post some pics this week of our weekend and don't forget the whole month of January is going to be dedicated to small choices = big change!

Have a blessed day!

No comments: