Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday, Thursday.....

Good morning friends. Just another typical Thursday here. I had the wonderful opportunity to speak to some really great ladies at Mountain View Chapel yesterday. I spoke on "Stop Trying To Control the Uncontrollable". I had a great time. Of course on the way home my mind was swirling with the same old stuff like did I forget anything or was I clear enough. But I am learning to just give that all over to God and I just ask Him to make up for my mistakes:)

Cayla has her last day of classes today. I am glad. We have studied all week for a big history exam and I am just as ready as she is for it to be over. I do learn more than I ever learned in school!

Tomorrow night is the first of our Christmas gatherings. We have something Friday night, Saturday, lunch on Sunday, and possibly caroling Sunday night. Tis the season I guess. Tomorrow night is at my house so I really should be getting busy. I still have shopping left to do and food to prepare but it's all good. Catey and Cayla will be a huge help.

I am trying my best to just enjoy it all as it comes this year. Things are not as I imagined they would be but that's ok. God knew and He will get me through it. I just continue to believe He is good and He ALWAYS has my best interest in mind.

Maybe this weekend I will post some pictures of our gatherings. I hope you have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Lecia said...

This time of year can be so stressful trying to get everything done in the midst of life's disappointments. But as you said, God already knows what is in our future and He already has it under control. Thanks for that reminder!

tiggerdaisy said...

I'm hoping to not get too frenzied in the coming days. It seems we have so much to do, but Christmas isn't really about any of those things.

Thanks for a great post!

Prayers and blessings,
Rebecca