Saturday, January 2, 2010

Jan. 2

It's the second day of January. Did you set any goals???? Are they the same as last year or different? Did you pray about those goals and try to get to the bottom of why you want to achieve those things?

I've set my goals and now I need to come up with a reasonable plan. Today I am going to evaluate my water intake lately. I know I want to eat my calories not drink them. Most drinks are nothing but empty calories. Just keeping ourselves hydrated by drinking pure water can combat many health and weight issues.

So how much water are we going to drink???? Take your weight and divide it by 2. That number is the number of ounces of water you should take in each day. Sometimes I cut up lemon wedges and add to my water for a bit of flavor but other than that I drink just plain old water.

It may seem like a lot if you aren't used to drinking that much but you can get used to it and you will feel a whole lot better. Try to drink most of it by late afternoon so you aren't up all night going to the bathroom:)

Today in your journal write a prayer of praise thanking Him that we are fearfully and wonderfully made(Psalm 139) and also asking for Him to help you in your quest to drink the amount of water you need in order to keep yourself as healthy as possible. Also thank Him for His provision of good, safe, clean drinking water and pray for those who struggle to have this very basic need.

Keep memorizing Romans 12:2 and have a blessed night!

1 comment:

lecia said...

Getting enough water in is a huge issue for me. I really need to start first thing in the morning, otherwise I don't get enough in. Thanks for the guidleline on how much to drink. Boy, that is going to be lots of water for me!