Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10

I read this article today and I could not begin to say what she says in this article better. Read it. It is well worth it.

I love where she says "Looking back down the path, I got it. For the first time in 30years, I understood. It's not about the scale, looking good on the beach, or my right to eat as many desserts from the all-you-can-eat buffet as I can keep down. It's about the physical manifestation of my relationship with God. I realized that the desire to achieve a certain look and the lust for food are both idols that keep my focus away from God and the person he designed me to be. He picked a body for me, and I'm to honor him by caring for it."

Journal today about this article and what part of it spoke to you the most. Also how did it make you feel? Do you agree with the above statement? Lift that up to Him in prayer.

Keep memorizing your scripture and have a blessed day!

No comments: