Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11

Sometimes I post early. Sometimes I post late. You just never can tell, can you???? No pattern. No organization. Just the typical me. I did spend the day doing school, preparing to leave for the night, sitting at our local community college with my son trying desperately to get the classes we need(don't you just love how I said "we need" yeah right...he needs), and then traveling 2 hours to my destination where I speak tomorrow breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Ugh! It makes me tired thinking about it. But now here I sit in a quiet hotel room and somehow I feel lonely. I miss the craziness of my life. And guess what? I ate at Dunkin Donuts for supper. I guess that is what I want to talk to you about tonight. Life is crazy. Sometimes we are traveling and we need a quick option for a meal. Don't beat yourself up or starve yourself. Eat the dang food for pity sakes.

It is not a once in a while trip through the drive through window that makes us overweight. It is the daily choices we make. When I do eat fast food I do try to make better choices. Like when I go to McDonalds with my kids I get a happy meal and I am fully satisfied when I am finished. I don't feel deprived by eating it and I don't deprive myself by not eating anything.

Moderation. Everything in moderation. I think Paul said it best:

"Everything is permissible for me"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"--but I will not be mastered by anything. ~1 Corinthians 6:12

Just don't be mastered by the thing!!!!!

Tonight in your journal ask God to help you clearly distinguish between what is beneficial and what is not. Ask Him to help you that you are not mastered by anything.

Tomorrow will be a crazy day. After I speak 3 times I will head back home and will probably get in very late. I will try to post at one of my breaks during the day but if not I will be back on Wednesday. Keep memorizing scripture and have a blessed night!

No comments: