Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12

I will get right to the point today. Get yourself a decent scale and weigh yourself regularly. Now I don't mean to become obsessive about it but you really need to know. It is much easier to catch a five pound weight gain than a 15 or 20 pound weight gain. Skinny people know what they weigh and how their clothes fit.

After you have a scale you need to figure out your healthy weight. Notice I said healthy weight. Not dream weight. Not what you weighed when you were 10. Not the number that would cause you to become crazy and obsessed and unhappy. But the number that has you healthy and the number God has for you so that you can concentrate on Him and the plans He has not being distracted by some unachievable number.

Once you reach your number. Notice again I said YOUR number not your neighbors number and not the number of the chic on the cover of the magazine but your number. Once you have that give yourself 5 pounds either way. If you dip under know that in order to stay healthy you need to eat. If you go over it is time to be a bit more careful.

Get a good scale not the one that used to be in your grandmas bathroom. They are fairly inexpensive. And put it in a place where you will remember to get on. At first you may feel discouraged at the number and not want to get on but as you start making healthy changes and the number starts to go down it will be exciting.

I get on a few times a week first thing in the morning. I don't suggest you wait until later in the day after you've eaten at the local all you can eat buffet. Does anyone out there besides Lancaster County have smorgasbords?????? Who came up with that anyway???

Today in your journal turn your writing into a prayer for God to help you know your number. Ask Him to give you the strength to keep going even when you don't like what you see. Thank Him that He loves you just where you're at right now.

More tomorrow...maybe a new scripture! Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

lecia said...

I really needed this today. I have become discouraged because I feel I can't get to my (unreasonable) number by spring. I realized yesterday that giving up will leave me where I am and 20lbs. lighter will make a huge difference in the way I look and feel. So my goal right now is to lose 20lbs. in three months. I can slowly work on the other 20 (which will put me at a healthy weight) over the summer.