Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18

Yes, I am back. No, I didn't get the pictures scanned on(computer issues sorry) and yes, it has taken me a while to get back here. Prone to extremes. The way I see it people probably take this Haiti thing one of two ways. They either think it is too big and there is nothing that they really could do that would mean a hill of beans so they turn off the TV and do nothing or they become obsessed by it and block out all else. Either way is probably unhealthy. I chose the latter. I become obsessed with the media coverage and became depressed. Not good. So that is why it has taken me so long to get back on here. I determined today that I will do what I can but leave the rest to God is mighty and able to perform miracles. I can not.

I take things to extreme when it comes to eating also. I noticed patterns when I was in my weight loss journey. I wanted my cake and I wanted to eat ALL of it or I didn't want any and I was going to be miserable. It really doesn't work that way.

My tip for today is take a few days and write some things down. For the next three days write down everything you put in your mouth. After those three days think about where things would go wrong. What were you doing at the time? Where you bored or stressed?

This is a bit of a pain but one of two things will happen. You will either be very good about what you eat because you know it will be written down or you will eat like you honestly have been lately and you will begin to see patterns or maybe places where you were prone to extremes. Either way it will benefit you. You will either get to the root of why your eating gets messed up or you will eat really well for three days and you will see that you can do it and you won't starve to death:
)

Often when we eat during the day we don't really realize how much we are eating. It is a bite here and a handful of something there. When its written down we see it in black and white and we can often learn to catch those bad habits.

In your journal ask God to help you with this discipline over the next few days. Ask Him to help you see where you are prone to extremes.

Keep memorizing scripture and have a blessed night!

No comments: