Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January 19

Are you writing what you are eating down???? I know it is a pain but you will learn a lot about what and when you eat. Today is a fun challenge. It's sorta like dangling a carrot in front of the rabbit. Sometimes I need a "prize" or reward when I have been working hard. It often motivates me. If housework needs done I will time myself and then "reward" myself with a half hour of reading or something like that.

When you are working hard to lose weight we often think about rewarding ourselves when we reach our goal but I think its good to also reward ourselves along the way. Do something for every 5 pounds lost like buy yourself that book you have been wanting or a new scarf. At 10 pounds think about finding an article of clothing on sale and get it. Do not reward yourself with food(that's a big mistake) and do not buy something 10 sizes smaller and think in 10 pounds you will be able to wear it. Be realistic and have fun. There is nothing wrong with little rewards along the way. It gives you something to look forward to. Another idea is to buy the thing ahead of time but do not allow yourself to read it, wear it, etc. until the goal is reached.

New verse to memorize:

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.~Psalm 37:4


Get it written on a card and start memorizing it. It is a simple one and it shouldn't take you long.

Today journal about what it means to delight yourself in the Lord. Tell Him what the desires of your heart are. Ask Him if they line up with what He wants for your life. I know that being healthy would be a desire He would also want for us.

Have a blessed night!

No comments: