Thursday, January 21, 2010

January 21

Did you get a chance to read Lysa's blog post from yesterday???? And did you discover any lies you have been believing??? If you haven't had a chance to do so go back to yesterday and do this. This part will be vital in weight loss success and keeping the weight off.

We can be so bound up in lies of the enemy that we may live our whole life and miss out on the abundant life God has for us. What lies are you believing?????

Today I also want you to think about simple substitutions. I substituted all sorts of things when I started losing weight. I swapped a "100 calorie" pack of cookies for the Oreos I love. I swapped Skinny Cow ice cream for Ben and Jerry's. I went to baked pita chips instead of regular chips.

Now more than ever there are plenty of things you can find to substitute for things you like. The key to making this work though is once again...moderation. You can only eat one pack of the cookies not 5. You can have one serving of the ice cream not 3 and for pity sakes don't sit down and eat the whole bag of pita chips.

This doesn't mean that I don't ever eat real Oreos. It just means for the most part I can find things to swap and save a bunch of calories and still enjoy what I am eating.

In your journal ask God to help you to crave healthy things. Give your cravings over to Him. Ask Him once again to help you to learn self-control. We have the Holy Spirit ladies. We are not alone in this.

Have a blessed night!

No comments: