Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24

Thanks to all of you who prayed for me today. The service I spoke at went well and they gave a generous offering to SVPS. I pray that God was glorified through today's service and that He would continue to bless SVPS.

On another totally unrelated note......I eat a lot when I am bored. Do you??? When you were keeping your food journal did you notice that you ate when you were bored???? One way to combat this is to do something that makes it difficult to eat while you are doing it i.e. paint your nails, read, etc...

It is very hard to eat chips and read a good book. You don't want to get the pages all greasy and you definitely can't eat with wet nails:) The point is you need to direct your attention to something other than food.

If you think you want to eat something ask yourself the following questions:

Am I thirsty??? Drink a glass of water and then reevaluate your hunger.

When did I eat last?

Am I bored or stressed?

If you ask yourself those questions and realize you really shouldn't be hungry then find an activity. And make it one that you can't eat easily. Not TV watching:)

In your journal ask God to fill you with His spirit. Ask Him to continue to reveal to you the reasons for your eating habits.

Have a blessed night!

No comments: