Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31

Can you believe we are at the end of January???? This has been a crazy busy month and I am just coming off an especially crazy week. I think of you often and you are not far from my thoughts as I am running around trying to maintain some kind of order in my life. Even if I don't get a chance to post I am thinking of you and hoping I am not disappointing you or letting anyone down.

Not only was I blessed to have the opportunity to speak last Sunday but I also spoke on Wednesday in Marysville to a wonderful group of women. Thank you ladies. With that and Bible study that started up again, basketball practices and games, softball practice, appointments for my grandma, school, co-op, drums, etc....My feet hit the ground running every morning. I'm not complaining. I do love the craziness of it all. I am praying though. I read a devotional on being too busy. I felt a twinge of conviction and may have to have a meeting with the Big Guy(God) sometime soon to make sure I am doing what He desires for me.

But until I feel Him telling me otherwise...here I am. I actually am sitting at a Starbucks. My wonderful hubby let me have the evening to work on a training I am helping put together with the Eastern District Women's Ministry team. So I really must get to work on that because I have a deadline staring me in the face right now but I just wanted to take a few minutes to let you know I am thinking of you all.

It has been a tough topic we have been on this month and whew! I am glad it is coming to an end although I hope you are able to take what you learned and apply it for a lifetime. I thought I would just quickly sum up some things we have talked about so far and maybe add a few new things for you to process this week. So here goes:

1. Move more.

2. Eat less.

3. Drink more water.

4. Set realistic goals and be sure your motives are right. Evaluate, evaluate, evaluate. It is an ongoing process that doesn't stop tonight. Did you figure out what your triggers are? If not keep looking and praying to get to the root of your bad habits.

5. Always eat breakfast. I don't think I touched on this before but it is a proven fact that thin people and people who maintain weight loss often eat a healthy breakfast.

6. Eat foods in the most natural state possible. The less processed the better. I am not saying you need to go on a raw diet but when we eat food the way that God created it we will see many health benefits.

7. Keep a food journal if you need to. If you can't lose any weight and you can't seem to figure out why start writing everything down. I am often blown away when it stares me right in the face and usually all the excuses I had go right in the toilet when I see how much I have been eating.

8. Reward yourself.....Not with food though and remember to weigh yourself regularly. Once you reach your goals it is much easier to catch a 5 pound weight gain than a 20.

9. Remember that we battle things on 3 fronts. Our flesh, the world, and the Evil one. This just like anything else is a battle and it can be won. You need to wield the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God. Keep memorizing His word. That will be key to any victory over any stronghold not just your weight.

10. Once you have lost your weight get rid of your dang "big" clothes. Don't give yourself the opportunity to wear them again. My wardrobe is very limited in size. I used to keep everything and then I would yo-yo. Now when things get tight I need to do something about it because I don't have my fat clothes to fall back on.

I hope I was able to help and encourage you all in some way. I know it is not easy and I don't want to minimize how great a struggle it can be in our life but I know that through the power of Jesus Christ we can experience victory in any area of our life.

I love you all. Keep journaling and keep memorizing scripture. I hope you have a blessed night.

No comments: