Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5

Has the day gone by already???? Time flies when your having fun(and even if your not)! Sorry it has taken me so long today to get this up.

Well we talked about motives, water, and slowing down. How's it going so far??? I hope it hasn't been too painful. Today we are going to start moving. When I lost weight I started walking. It was that simple. No gym membership or expensive equipment just my own two feet and the open road. I eventually worked up to some running but walking is still my favorite. I never did get that runner's high.

I know it sounds simple but this whole weight thing isn't that complicated. Move more, eat less. I keep repeating that to myself everyday. Move more and eat less! Set an exercise goal today. I suggest you get an pedometer. They are fairly inexpensive. See how many steps you take each day and try increasing it little by little.

Find a walking partner if you can and when you do go alone or if you don't have a partner spend the time in prayer or download some good praise music or the Bible on your Ipod.

We will talk a little about other exercises later but for now start moving more even if it is only a 1 mile walk. You should be able to do that easily in 15-20 minutes.

In your journal thank God that He created you so perfectly. Thank Him for the ability to move. Pray that He helps you find time to move more this week!

We don't have to do any of this alone. We do have His help!

And did you memorize Romans 12:2???? I hope so. His Word is alive and active. It is our life and breath. This week start working on this one:

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. ~Isaiah 43:18-19

We are going to stop dwelling on past failures and challenges. We are going to start looking for the "new thing" God wants to do in us and through us!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Lecia said...

The water thing is harder than I thought! But I can already notice a difference in how I feel drinking more water.