Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 9

Tonight I have one word for you: SLEEP! And do it for at least 7 to 8 hours every night. I know it can be tempting to stay up late after you put the kiddos to bed but it has many adverse effects on our bodies including our overall health and immune system, our strength, our ability to think clearly, and you guessed it our weight.

There have been plenty of studies done linking lack of sleep and unhealthy weight gain. I go to bed by 10:00 almost every night. Rest has many benefits and you can find plenty in the Bible on this topic. We all need some down time. Now if you have a newborn or some other circumstance that inhibits you from proper sleep other than t.v, books, and hobbies then just know it is just a season and a season of rest will be coming soon.

Here is a little acrostic I came up with to help you remember the benefits:

R - Restores Us
E - Energizes Us
S - Soothes Us
T - Teaches Us

So grab yourself a new 3x5 card and start memorizing this verse:

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. ~Psalm 62:1-2

In your journal thank Him that in Him our souls find rest. Ask Him to help you prioritize and organize your life in a way that you get the rest you need. Thank Him that in Him you will NEVER be shaken!

Pray scripture. Journal Scripture. Speak scripture out loud. It is powerful!

Have a blessed night!

No comments: