Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm up then I'm down....

'Cause you're hot then you're cold
You're yes then you're no
You're in then you're out
You're up then you're down
You're wrong when it's right


Sounds more like my faith then words to a popular song. Today I'm okay. I'm not okay. I'm between the schoolroom and the laundry room. I had a flat tire and right now my faith feels "flat". I am struggling with relationships and health issues. I was sick all weekend. Actually sicker than I have felt in a very long time. I always feel the longing to just have a day to do nothing and stay in bed and then it comes by way of sickness and I think what did I wish for????

Between the snow we had and the snow we are getting I had to cancel 3 speaking engagements for Wednesday. I was looking forward to them and now instead I have a Dr.'s appt. to go to tonight. Great replacement, hugh???

I feel like a wave tossed in the sea. Thankfully I don't have to stay that way. He is faithful and His word is truth:

He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. ~Psalm 40:2 NLT

I am going to have to depend on that truth today and not on the way I feel. My feelings will deceive me, His word will NOT!

Steady me oh Lord! Get me back on solid ground and thank you that you will be faithful to me even when I am faithless.

How about you? How are you doing today? I would love to hear from you:)

Have blessed day!

2 comments:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

I'll be praying!! So sorry that you're not feeling well!

cherise said...

I hope you feel better soon. Praying for all of you in PA with the snow coming tomorrow. We're in Puerto Rico but will have to return to it on Sunday.