Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines day, babysitting, b-ball, and the One I love....

Wow! I can't believe how fast time flies. I get sick, my computer gets sick, it snows and it snows some more. Friday night I had my niece's baby Olivia, Saturday we spent at b-ball, Saturday night was a date night for me and my hubby, and Sunday was church and some more babysitting(this time it was my grandson).

I also spent two more hours on the phone with Dell only to find out that when my computer was all erased some "drivers" were not installed. I didn't even know my computer had "drivers" and quite frankly I am a bit jealous. I would love a driver to do all the dang running around I do:)

The weekend was such a whirlwind I hardly had time to think about Valentine's day. I always feel a bit guilty that I don't acknowledge it more but sometimes I just end up in survival mode. For some reason though yesterday amidst all the busyness I kept humming a song. Not only did this song keep going through my mind but I kept singing the same part over and over. I must tell you whenever I hear/sing this song I do always choke up at this part(see if you know the song):

Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;


If you guessed "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" than you were right. If you have no idea what I am talking about that's ok. It is a beautiful old hymn you can listen to below.

Anyway, I choke up at that point every time because it describes me perfectly. Always prone to wondering and ALWAYS leaving the One I love. I think of all the indescribable gifts He gives and I can't believe that I wonder away. But I do. I make plans and lists and have goals that often leave Him from the equation. Ugh!

I read something this weekend that really got me thinking though:

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. ~Psalm 27:4

ONE THING. What if He became the one thing? The one thing I seek. The one thing I put first on my to-do list. The one thing I don't forget and the one thing I go to first when life knocks me around. Would my wondering become less and less??? I am so sure it would.

He is the one thing that will never let us down, never leave us, never hurt us and never deceive us. All the other things we put in first place always do and always will. After some research look at the words to the original 4th stanza to this hymn:

O that day when freed from sinning,
I shall see Thy lovely face;
Clothed then in blood washed linen
How I’ll sing Thy sovereign grace;
Come, my Lord, no longer tarry,
Take my ransomed soul away;
Send thine angels now to carry
Me to realms of endless day.


Hallelujah! I get tears just thinking about it. He is so good. Praise Him. Today let's make Him our ONE THING! Have a blessed day!



1 comment:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that song!!! My children think I'm half crazed when I walk around singing it and I DON'T care!!!