Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday - Monday - Monday

I ran the following post a few months back. I woke up this morning with my mind in a twirl. I needed to listen to my own words and do a little planning instead of feeling overwhelmed. I am happy to say that I have checked quite a few things off my list so far today. I hope this helps you as you plan your week:

I am a procrastinator. Have been as long as I can remember. I was the one who crammed for tests and waited until the night before a paper was due to write it. This has its advantages and disadvantages. I used to look at it only in a negative light but I realized having the ability to put some things aside and just enjoy life has its advantages.

Unfortunately I have been putting too much aside lately and I need to gain some control. I have a few things that need my attention NOW! So today my choice I am making is to:

1. Pray
2. Prioritize
4. Plan
3. Put it into action

I want God to order my "to do" list. I don't want the list to control me but be a guide. If God brings some unexpected thing my way today that is ok too. His word is clear.....

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. ~Proverbs 16:3

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. ~Proverbs 16:9


I am also going to make a list but set a goal of doing the top three things today. If I took a list and thought I had to accomplish it all today I would become overwhelmed and would shut down and accomplish nothing. I am going to take baby steps today. A small choice to make life a bit easier.

My list looks like this:

1. Get the house cleaned up.
2. Send some e-mails I have been putting off.
3. Mail a cd to someone who contacted me as a possible retreat speaker.
4. Work on financial aid stuff with Chris.
5. Organize school work for the week.
6. Finish Bible study homework for tomorrow

You get the idea. I have a lot swirling around in my mind and I just need to sit down and get a list going and have God help me to prioritize and get things done. Not everything today but I bet by the end of the week I can have this list gone!

So remember today to choose to Pray, Prioritize, Plan, and Put it into action!

Have a blessed day!




1 comment:

Runner Mom said...

I never got to the "put it in action" part!! Maybe Wednesday!! (I'm subbing tomorrow!)

Love the new blog look!!
Hugs!
Susan