Monday, March 29, 2010

Perfect Peace!

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. ~Isaiah 26:3

Is that just beautiful or what??? This was the verse that started out our homework last week in Breaking Free. This Bible study has been so good and also a bit different for me. Since I have learned so much over the last few years about taking my thoughts captive and about freedom in Christ I am learning to handle things differently. I was also thinking that this is the first study in a long time that I am not in a crisis or is it?

You see I still have things that could send me into fetal position crying my eyes out in some corner but my response lately has been different. I am finding perfect peace. Last week something happened with one of my kids(imagine that) and I was tempted to lose it. I did cry a bit but instead I repeated this verse over and over in my head. So much so that I woke up in the middle of the night saying it. I would say it and emphasize different words each time just letting it soak in deep.

In the past I would have been tempted to say the verse once or twice and when I didn't feel the perfect peace right away I would give up. Not this time. This time I decided to keep my mind steadfast and just trust in Him. The freedom is amazing. I repeated it until it finally stuck!

This is not just something available to a few select people. This my dear sweet friends is available to all of us.

So what's bothering you today and threatening to take your peace? Keep your mind steadfast and trust in Him no matter what you are feeling at the moment. The feelings will eventually come but sometimes we just have to obey no matter what we feel or how hopeless the situation seems to us.

I hope you find some encouragement in this like I did today! Be blessed!



No comments: