Friday, March 12, 2010

This is where I'm at.....

Haven't been on here for over a week because we have been so busy and somehow with everything going on I have fallen behind on my housework. I feel like the old lady on the commercial, "I've fallen and I can't get up!" So I have been slowly digging my way out this week. I must not be doing to good though because poor Cayla came to me yesterday......



All that was left for her to take her shower was the little monkey towel and the little crab/puppet wash clothe. So maybe I do have a little more catching up to do....

I did have a great girls weekend away last weekend. I am thankful for all my girlfriends and a hubby who let's me go. He had to teach my co-op class and he forgot the book so he said it was no big deal he just improvised. I got a message from the person who helps me and she said he did a good job. What a great guy.

When I got home I originally thought I was going to be away with the EFCA ladies this weekend but that got canceled so it gives me a little more time to get caught up so Greg isn't drying off with the little ducky towel all weekend.

I was putting a mountain, and I mean a mountain, of wash away last night when Carla came over. I told her I needed a vacation and I can't wait to go away the end of April with her. She bust out laughing because the end of April we are going to the Lousiana State Penitentiary(also known as Angola prison). It is the largest maximum security prison in the United States. We are going to do some mission work. You know it's bad when a trip to a maximum security prison is what you are looking forward to as a vacation:)

On a more exciting note Cayla made the high school softball team. We were so excited. The stress of it leading up to Wednesday was almost too much and at the end of practice they handed out envelopes telling you if you made it or not. She was thrilled. I am so proud of her. She has worked hard for this and I can't wait to be sitting in the sun watching her play and yelling my fool head off when she does something great!

The house has been quiet with a little less "traffic" this week because Chris and some of his friends were away all week for spring break. I will be happy to have him back and have a bunch of boys eating us out of house and home tonight. This letting go and "change of seasons" is threatening to nearly kill me.

Bible study has been a bit tough this week. Day one was about rebellion. I do have a rebellious heart and I hate it. I can tell when I am pulling away from God. I am very goal oriented/results oriented and when things don't go my way I pull back. I am going to post more about this in the next few days.

I guess I better go get ready for co-op and stop rambling. Just wanted to give you a quick update on what's going on here. Hope you have a blessed day!



1 comment:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Hilarious post!!! Especially looking forward to your 'vacation'!!!!!!!