Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Frantic!

I woke up this morning and like every other morning as I make my way downstairs I stop and look at my kids sleeping. Maybe if we didn't live in a hundred year old house that requires me to walk through their bedroom to get to the steps I wouldn't have formed this habit but I doubt it. I would still probably peek in on them. I love to watch them sleep. I look at their precious innocent faces and it energizes me. It brings fulfillment and purpose to my life and I relish the stillness when usually they are going a hundred miles an hour when they are awake.

Well today was different. Abijah and Catey were not where I left them last night when they went to bed. They were not in the bottom bunk with Colton. They were not in the top bunk. They were not in Catey's bed or in Cayla's room or in the living room. I started to feel panic. I was frantic. I yelled for Greg who flew up the steps and checked all the places I already checked. I couldn't breathe. I think I was about to call 911 when we heard a faint sound. It came from Catey's room. I found them curled up on the floor fast asleep on the other side of her bed where they could not easily be seen. You couldn't see them when you just looked in the door at the bed. They made a "bed" there to camp out after I went to bed.

I rejoiced and I cried. The thought of a lost child is almost too much to bear let alone two. It took me a while to recover from that. I thought a lot about God, our heavenly Father and how he must feel when He "loses" one of us and the rejoicing in heaven when we are found.

I used to put a lot of emphasis on perfection. Now I put a lot of emphasis on repentance and grace. Redemption not perfection. Just know if you feel like you have been wondering a little too far lately don't panic there is ALWAYS a way home.

Then Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.'I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. The Parable of the Lost Coin: "Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." ~Luke 15:3-10

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Lecia said...

Just what I needed to read today. There is always a way home.