Thursday, April 8, 2010

It works!

I just finished up my 15th small group Bible study. I can barely believe it. Where does the time go???? All total I have had the privilege of spending around 125 weeks in group studies not to mention the time I have spent just digging up treasures on my own. It is truly a treasure hunt. It all started a few years ago with a few ladies huddled in a small office at our church doing the study "Believing God".

My life was forever changed. I will NEVER be the same. From that point on a fire was lit in my heart to know God and a fierce hunger grew in me for His Word. It was not always easy. Some of them I had to fight through with tears. Some I almost wanted to give up on because the work was too much. I have been on a journey over the last few years and have learned more about who I am in Christ and who God is than I could have ever imagined. I always finish a study with mixed emotions. Happy I finished. Sad it's over. Wonder of what will be next because each one teaches me something new and different.

All I can say is it does work. Studying His Word will have a profound effect on your life. The key is to not give up when the work gets hard. Wrestle the thing out and be tenacious about your time with God. Be fierce and stand firm. He is faithful.

Maybe the Bible hasn't ever seemed very exciting or very applicable to your current situations. I promise you it is. Ask Him to light a fire in your heart like He did in mine a few years back. He will do just that and when He becomes the One Thing you know you could never live without you will know twhat I am talking about. I don't think I would have ever survived some of the things I was going through without it. If you feel like your barely surviving right now give it a try. It will work. It will work. IT WILL WORK!!!! I promise.

I am not special in anyway. In fact because I have such a need for His Word it shows me what a mess I really am or could be without Him. What I am sharing here is available to anyone. Be diligent and it will work wonders in your life.

What's next for me????? One never knows.....I am reading an excellent book right now about the warden at Angola Prison in Louisiana that I will be visiting at the end of the month. I can't wait to see what God does in my life while I am there.

I have finished a few good books over the last few weeks and hope to blog about them soon. Until then have a blessed day!

No comments: