Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So much to say....

At the turn of the final page I was crying. I cry every time. "The Fate of the Yellow Woodbee" - a book I have read a few times. I just finished reading it to Catey. I could barely finish it. Catey was soooo sweet as she hugged me and held my hand so I could choke out the last few pages. It is the story of Nate Saint and the other 4 missionaries that were speared to death in Ecuador. I will never get over the beautiful picture of forgiveness. The book ends with Steve Saint(Nate's son) getting baptized in the same river where his dad was killed(the place that the Aucas saw angels after they speared the men). Not only that, he was being baptized by the same men who did the killing. An amazing story. I just pray that I would be as strong in my faith in those circumstances. The story never fails to inspire me.

On a totally unrelated note I leave tomorrow morning for Angola prison. I am feeling a bit anxious tonight and I am not sure why. I am not afraid of traveling. I have done quite a bit and I actually love it. I am not afraid of the prison because I had the opportunity to work in a prison for a few months when I graduated from paralegal school many years ago and I know what to expect. So, I just can't put my finger on it but if you think of me please pray. Pray for safe travel and health. Pray for the weather. The activities are outside on Saturday and it is supposed to rain. Pray for hearts that are open to the gospel and for clarity to those who have the blessed opportunity to share. Also pray for Greg. He has a very full schedule Thursday and Friday and to say he is going to get a taste of what I do would be an understatement.

I am sitting here alone and I should be packing. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Carla and I were talking about taking our bathing suits because the hotel has a pool and hot tub. The idea of these very white legs putting on a bathing suit is making me cringe. Ugh! No wonder I am procrastinating!

Right before I started typing this I was thinking about what my life will be like some day when my kids grow up(they are at AWANA right now) and I came to two conclusions:

1. The silence is deafening.

2. I eat way too much when they aren't here. I don't know if it is because I can eat whatever I want without sharing(sad I know) or if it is just easier to feed one person. Either way I have had too much to eat tonight:)

Anyway, that was totally random but I think it is just another reminder to cherish today because the sands of time are slipping through my fingers and there ain't a dang thing I can do about it.....

Well, I am off to pack my bags. I am leavin' on a jet plane, don't know when I will blog again. I will do my best to update at some point this weekend!

Have a blessed night!

1 comment:

Bonni said...

I will be praying each day for you!!