Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

I know I said I was back and I still didn't post all week. I think that is how the summer is going to go. Things here are going well but we are extremely busy. I spoke 5 times last week in the Reading area and then had a yard sale on Friday and Saturday.

I just wanted to jump on here and wish all the dads Happy Father's Day. Not that any men read my blog but anyway.....I know my hubby does and he is an awesome father!

We are getting ready to leave because he runs a 10k trail race in Lancaster on Father's Day and then we get lobster dinners from Stauffers. It is becoming a tradition and it's a lot of fun.

I know this day can be tough for those who lost their dads or for those who didn't have a very good relationship with their dad. Just want to remind you that we all have a papa who looks down on us and loves us perfectly. I know things here can be really tough and it is easy to lose sight of the fact that He love us and cares for us. He has shown me so much grace lately it has been unbelievable.

I hope your day and your week is blessed. I will be out of town next Thursday through Sunday. I am heading up north to a snake hunt and some time of much needed rest:) Yes it is a little "redneck" and yes I love it. I will try and update before I leave but if I don't just know that you are never far from my thoughts!

Have a blessed day!



1 comment:

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Denise,

We met last year at the Charlotte airport right after we both left She Speaks--I was the crazy woman who said you look just like my sister in law (you do!). Just stopping by to say hello and hope to see you at the conference this year! I'm SO excited about what God is doing.

Blessings!