Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Getting Back Up

I have been thinking a lot lately about God's grace and how we get back up when we have stumbled. Although I hope not to have as many comebacks as Brett Favre I know I actually will probably have more:)

I had a perfect storm brewing last spring. I was tired and burnt out....I didn't tend to that. I had some hurts and disappointments.....I just buried them. I had a whole lot of pride over some issues.....I didn't even recognize it. The speaking ministry was taking off....I didn't see that as a possible target of Satan.

Although I was oblivious to this the enemy was not. He was watching. He read my behavior. He heard what I was saying. I needed some things sifted and God allowed that. It was painful. It still is. I wish it were different. I wish I could go back and make changes. I can't. That's the bottom line I can't.

I can make a choice now though. You see it is not about what has happened as much as what will we allow God to do with it. We get to decide. We get to choose. He isn't interested in all in our reason's and excuses. He is interested in our response. He is interested in our today and what we will let Him do with our tomorrow. We are never alone. He never left me this summer. I have thought a lot about Peter lately.


"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers. ~Luke 22:31&32


I love that it says that Jesus prayed that his faith may not fail. I know He prayed for me too this summer. I also love that Peter was going to have a comeback but he too didn't even realize his vulnerability. In that comeback Jesus told him to strengthen his brothers. Well girls it is my prayer that through my comeback that I can strengthen you. I love you all. I hope your all still out there some where!

So from a girl who is having a comeback moment I pray you have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Heather Kay said...

I will pray along with you on your come back journey. Glad to see you back on here! :)