Monday, January 24, 2011

Something to Think About

"If your smart enough about what you do when you make a mistake you can change your destiny" ~ Dr. Oz

"Come now, let us argue this out," says the LORD. "No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can remove it. I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you as white as wool. If you will only obey me and let me help you, then you will have plenty to eat. But if you keep turning away and refusing to listen, you will be destroyed by your enemies. I, the LORD, have spoken!" ~Isaiah 1:18-20


I heard the above quote on the Dr. Oz show today. Funny thing is I had read the above verses today in my quiet time. Although Dr. Oz was talking about weight loss I think what he said hit the nail on the head.

It is not so much about the mistakes that we make that determine our destiny as much as what we do when those mistakes happen. We just need to obey God and let Him help us. He wants to do that. Nothing we have done is too big for the cross but we have to obey and listen. We can't continue to turn away and refuse to listen. An action on our part. I am not minimizing how difficult this can be. Sometimes we refuse to listen because we don't want to let go of something that we know is not good for us because we love it dearly and can't understand how God could possibly fill the void when it is gone. Sometimes we refuse to listen because we are hurting and we are struggling to trust. What ever it is that inhibits us we just need to know it can destroy us if we don't let God do His perfect work.

I love how it says "let us argue this out" I know I have had to argue quite a few things out lately with God. Another version says "let's settle this". I will forever be grateful that He is willing to settle it and not let me to self destruct. What love He has for us and what grace....my mind can barely fathom it.

Today I pray we all be smart enough about what to do when we have made a mistake. He is waiting to remove our sin no matter how deep the stain....Hallelujah!

Have a blessed day!

No comments: