Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What difference does it make?

Become a OneVerse Partner

As the well worn Bible lay in my lap a tear fell and splashed the page. Once again His Word had leapt off the page and into my heart penetrating right down to the marrow of my bones. The pain I was feeling started to dissipate and the flood of peace washed over me like cool breeze in the heat of summer. It never fails.

A verse....

Just one verse.....

Thats all it takes to completely transform me.

It fills my deepest needs, heals my deepest hurts , and pervades the hole of despair that threatens to swalllow me up. My life is forever changed.

There was a time my Bible sat upon my shelf collecting dust. Those were the darkest and lonliest times of my life.

I'm sure there are many people who have a Bible sitting on their shelf wondering what difference it would make if they picked it up and opened it.

Well I know the difference.

It is the difference between hope and despair.

It is the difference between wholeness and brokeness.

It is the difference between peace and distress.

It is the difference between clarity and confusion.

Most importantly it is the difference between life and death.

Sadly today, nearly one-third of the world's language groups representing 340 million people are still waiting for God’s Word in a language that they can understand clearly.

They don't even have the opportunity to know the difference it would make in their life.

They are in poverty.

Bible poverty.

We can help change this. We can help bring light to those living in darkeness. We can partner with One Verse.

OneVerse is a program of The Seed Company that enables you to support local Bible translators as they make God’s message available in the language of their people.

Won't you please watch the following video and pray and see how you can help.



Your sponsorship gift of $26 provides the resources required for national translators to translate one verse of Scripture into their own language.

Just $26....that's giving up a few cups of Starbucks to give the life giving and life affirming Word of God.

A verse.....

Just one verse......

Can open the gates of heaven!

1 comment:

Johanna Fenton said...

Denise, I love the way you ended: "Just one verse ... can open the gates of Heaven!" So true, isn't it? The power of God's Word knows no limits. Just one verse is limitless. Thank you for sharing your heart.

Johanna - from the OneVerse team