Monday, October 31, 2011

Relevant 11!!!!

Well its Monday morning and I can not believe Relevant 11 has come and gone. It was amazing and I am not sure how to sum it all up. You see when God speaks to you it can not always be summed up into a neat little blog post. Sometimes you wrestle with Him and it gets messy. Not that He is messy but that I am messy. I had many different emotions all weekend long from the joy of meeting new friends to the heaviness of hearing about the causes like One Verse and Compassion.

So I thought I would just list a few of the highlights but I am sure in the coming weeks there will be more for me to share!

*Lunch at Chili's on Thursday and just getting to know a bunch of ladies I never met before

*Registering for the conference and getting the coolest "goodie bag" filled to overflowing with some really cool stuff(look for giveaways in the near future)

*Friday morning breakfast listening to Sally Clarkson. It was everything I needed to hear and more and then I actually got to sit and talk to her on a couch in the lounge and she is a gem!

*Learning all the ins and outs of blogging and e-books in all the breakout sessions. So much info it will take me weeks to process and implement it all

*Going to many of the wonderful meet-ups(homeschooling, eat pray lose, What's in the Bible, etc...) and meeting some more awesome people and getting some more really cool stuff

*Listening to Christie Wells....her music is so beautiful!!!!

*Ann Voskamps closing message

*The way that God brought me and Maggie Hogan together in the hallway and how she graciously took me into her room and listened to me and prayed with me

*Spending time with my sweet friend Bonni Greiner

I could go on and on but you get the idea. It was an awesome weekend! I can't wait to start implementing some changes on my blog and sharing more with you soon but it is time to take off my blogger hat and put on my homeschooling mom hat for the day!

Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

It was a beautiful time, wasn't it? Great to have met you and I look forward to keeping up with you! I'm going to She Speaks this summer - so excited!!!! I would love to talk to you about your experience sometime!!!

Blessings to you, dear one.

Flamingo said...

it was great to finally get to meet you!! i hope you enjoyed your time immensely!

michelle | so, i married a mennonite... said...

It was great to meet you, Denise!

rachel@thecupcakesprinklesinlife said...

How cool to meet you- and to think you live so close to me! :)