Monday, November 7, 2011

The Get an Attitude of Gratitude Challenge!

It's Monday morning and it is time to check our praise meter and see how we are doing with our attitude of gratitude.

For me so many times it is all about changing my perspective. I need to often remind myself that the things that bother me the most are some of my greatest blessings if I would only choose to see them that way!

Sometimes in the nitty gritty of mothering life we need to put on our God goggles. Sometimes we just need to remind our self that today, nearly one billion people – about one in eight – lack access to clean water. More than twice that many, 2.5 billion people, don’t have access to a toilet.

According to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, there were 643,067 sheltered and unsheltered homeless persons nationwide as of January 2009.

925 million hungry people in 2010.

If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of the world.

If you have money in the bank, your wallet, and some spare change you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness you are more blessed than the million people who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the agony of imprisonment or torture, or the horrible pangs of starvation you are luckier than 500 million people alive and suffering.

If you can read God’s precious Word and you have at least one copy in your home in your language than you are more fortunate than 3 billion people in the world who cannot read it at all and the nearly one-third of the world's language groups representing 340 million people are still waiting for God’s Word in a language that they can understand clearly.

When you read that it changes things doesn't it?

Today on my "thankful list" I am thankful for my bathroom. More specifically my toilet. You see I am forever complaining about the mess in my bathroom. Some little one at my house seems to have bad aim. It is so silly to even type it but it makes me grumpy every time I go in there but today I am putting on my "God goggles" and I am going to go in and give my toilet a flush and just be thankful I have a toilet for my little guys to miss:)

How about you? What are you thankful for today?

Be blessed!


No comments: