Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 1

Day 1.

364 to go.

Goal: Radical Revival

So I woke up this morning a bit blurry from yet another restless night of sleep. I seem to have more and more of those now that I am older. I stumbled downstairs and after my morning ritual of letting dogs out and feeding them and make that first so loved cup of coffee I sat down with my Bible.

Now what I wondered. I am not good at just flipping open my Bible to the perfect passage. Yes there have been many times that I have opened it to the very thing I needed but can I do that 365 times this year I wondered?

Without any other plan in mind I did just that. My eyes immediately fell obviously to the several passages I have underlined. Great I thought. Am I trying too hard? Am I making this whole thing way too complicated? I was so excited last night. Almost giddy at the thought of this dead heart beating again but now here I was at the point that required action and I was blank.

I love ideas and coming up with ideas but I have always struggled with follow through. Some people call that being a visionary. I don't know I always viewed myself as not having the perseverance it takes to complete hard tasks(lack of faith maybe). Who knows? Either way I am determined to do this thing. I have to do this thing. I need to know it works.

So after scanning several passages I landed on Hebrews 11:6.

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

And I pondered that. I mean I have faith....right? I believe in God. I speak about His work in my life. Then I started wondering do I really have a strong faith? Or am I the first to run back and tell everyone "the enemies too big"? And then I read the notes at the bottom of my study Bible for that passage and it lead me to Jeremiah 29:12 but I also read on to verse 13.

Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

And there my friends was the treasure!!!! My "when you" for today. When you seek me with all your heart.....

That was it. I haven't been seeking with "all my heart". I mean He has pulled me out of many a pit in my life. Many. But maybe I was seeking with "half my heart". Just enough to feel some freedom. Just enough to get free and then back to "me" and "my" ways. But ALL of my heart.....I don't think so. No just enough so that I feel some level of comfort again.

And so that is my first assignment on this journey. My faith is an issue. Without it I will never make the next 364. This is going to be hard. I knew that going into this but the promise is "when I seek with ALL my heart" I am going to find Him.


Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love. ~Ephesians 6:24


Grace to all!

No comments: