Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 3 Radical Revival

Day 3.

362 to go.

Goal: Radical Revival

Today is day 3. I would like to say that I am flying high and on cloud nine and that this is easy as pie. It is not. Day 1 required me to examine my heart and to evaluate...do I really seek Him with ALL of my heart. Answer...No. So in 2012 I am taking strides to do this walk with ALL of my heart not just the pieces I feel like.

Day 2 I found myself in John 11. After reading and rereading verses 40, 41, and 44b I felt like it was time to:

1. believe
2. give thanks
3. take off the dang grave clothes...I am dead no more

As I said before I am reading Ann Voscamp's 1000 Giftsand I am realizing with no uncertainty that gratitude is an issue for me. I am thankful all right for the things that go my way but heaven forbid they do not. So step number 2 above of give thanks and what that looks like is changing for me. I started my list of a thousand gifts and it has been pretty amazing.

And then as I sat here in the quiet hours of the morning this morning all alone, with just the hum of the refrigerator and the jingle jangle of my two dog's collars as they sat beside me begging for attention, I did it again. I opened the Word and I begged for a revelation. I cried out to Him.

If we seek Him we will find Him.

If we seek Him we will find Him.

If we seek Him we will find Him.

The pages fall open ever so gently to Hebrews. The end of chapter 6. I read and I ponder and I wait. And wait. And wait. As I wait I see the sun starting to rise over the houses across the street and I am taken back at the beauty of the colors that are splashed and splattered across the sky, the work of an artist, and I watched as the sun rose high into the sky and it hit me. Like a ton of bricks. The sun rises and sets each day in its wondrous beauty keeping time whether I watch or not. Whether there is peace or tragedy. Whether I feel empty or full. No matter what disaster befalls us or blessing we receive it does not stop. How many beautiful mornings have I missed?

That's when I got it. Verse 15:

And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.


After waiting. After waiting patiently. After waiting patiently Abraham received. How often do I sit with my hands open to the heavens wanting to receive NOW. No patience. Now....not wanting to wait. Wanting what I want when I want it.

So today's radical revival assignment was for me to learn the gift of waiting and while I am waiting to be fully present and engaged in each moment of my living. The sun will surely rise and set each day and I will receive what God promised me but in the mean time....wait....be patient....be fully engaged....and do not miss the beauty that surrounds me in between the rising and the setting of the sun each day.

How about you? How are you doing? I would love to hear from you? Any radical revivals going on out there???

Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love. Ephesians 6:24

Grace to all of you today!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Very sweet and insightful words...I too need to practice the discipline of patience in my daily life-- and what it means to "wait" on God...I'm in Numbers right now...and oh boy has God been showing me how important faithfulness and trust are to him!