Thursday, January 5, 2012

Radically Being Revived

So I told you that I realized that 2011 was way too much about me...right? Well what do we do when we come to that realization? One of two things....make a plan for change or acknowledge the issue but do nothing to change it(no action). Sad to say I so often do the latter.

The last few days have been different though. I have felt more stirrings and longings for change than I have felt in a long time. It is like I am being resurrected. Dead inside but suddenly life being breathed back into me.

It has come to me from many angles. Reading Ann Voscamps 1,000 Gifts(I highly recommend it), listening to the Passion 2012 conference, visiting a friend with leukemia, sleepless nights, playing the worship music so loud I can't help but lift my hands, praying radical prayers, and most of all the desperation of a soul that was gasping for air.

SO what am I going to do about it?

I have an idea....a few actually.

I want 2012 to be a year of radical revival. Did you ever watch the movie Julie and Julia? She blogs about making something like 526 recipes of Julia Childs in 365 days. Well I am going to do Julie and Jesus only my name isn't Julie and it won't involve one stitch of cooking(at least I hope it doesn't).

I am going to read the Bible and do what it says.

I know what your thinking.....duh isn't that what Christians do??? But I ask you do we? Do we really? Does the sun never go down on our wrath? Do we never get angry and sin? Are we never discontent? I could go on but you get the point.

I know there will be times I mess up. I am human....but to the best of my ability I am going to ask God to lead me to a passage each day and I am going to just do what it says(minus any sacrificing of sheep and such in my backyard). But seriously I am going to live 2012 radically.

I am going to take the "dos" and the "don'ts" and the "when you's" and to the best of my abilities live it out. No overspiritualizing (as well put by Francis Chan....I won't be having a banquet with the poor in my heart) Just living it no matter what it is that He asks me to do that day. I am tired of living for myself. I want to hear and obey every prompting of the Holy Spirit no matter how wild and crazy it may be.

I am in need of some serious healing and I believe this is how God will choose to bring it about.

I will have a radical revival this year.

I am claiming it in the powerful name of Jesus Christ.

So feel free to check in on the blog and keep me accountable. 365 days.....undetermined amount of assignments requiring me to daily take up my cross and follow Him. I am putting on my God-goggles and I am going to move. No more stagnant pools that I swim in but I'm going to be wading in the Living Water!

Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love. ~Ephesians 6:24

No comments: