Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The World's Best Apple Pie!

Day 3 of faith, family, and fabulous things.....

It's Fall and one of my favorite things do to do in the fall is to pick apples! It is a fabulously fun activity to do as a family.


Even though apples were one of my "7" food items I have not completely lost my love for them especially now that I can bake them in a warm, gooey, yummy pie!

I have tried many different recipes but this one is BY FAR my families favorite!

World's Best Apple Pie

  • Approx. 6 cups of sliced apples    
  • 1 T lemon juice                              
  • 1/2 cup sugar                                  
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar          
  • 2 T all-purpose flour                       
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon   
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • double pie crust
  • 2 T butter
  • 1 egg yolk, beaten
  • 2tsp sugar & 1/8 tsp cinnamon combined                                                       
Combine apples, lemon juice, sugars, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Spoon into bottom pie crust; dot with butter.  Top with remaining crust.  Cut slits or something pretty in top crust.  Brush with egg yolk.  Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar.  Cover edges of crust loosely with strips of foil to prevent burning.  Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 50 minutes.  Serve with a big scoop of ice cream and enjoy!

Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have!

Have a blessed day!


*Disclaimer I am not becoming a food blog nor have a developed a love for the kitchen or cooking.  I just happen to love sweet, gooey, wonderful things!  Just thought I would throw that in there since this is my second day of posting a recipe:)

No comments: