Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Giving Up When You Are Almost There



I give up.

Too soon.

Too often.

Patience has not always been my thing.  I want what I want and I want it when I want it. And when I don't get it I give up.  

I've been thinking a lot about this over the last week. 

My dad went into the hospital last week a very sick man and a week later after a major surgery to repair his heart he is back home.  Just a week later.  That's crazy!  

A week made a huge difference in his life.  

I wonder how big of difference a week or a month or a year could make in my life when it comes to something I have been praying for and instead of persevering I gave up right on the edge of receiving my answer.

I ask.  I wait.  I don't see the answer.  I become discouraged.  I give up.  

This is the cycle I live.  

Over 

and

Over

and  

Over…

But then last week I started thinking about hanging on. I started thinking about how life changes ever so quickly and just when we least expect it. I really started thinking about the difference a week makes in a situation. And then I read Hebrews 10 and it talks all about perseverance.

Hebrews 10:35-36 tells us:

So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.  You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. 
How about you?  Have you thrown away your confidence?  Have you given up on something you didn't receive an answer about? 
Can I encourage you to hang on just a little while longer? 
That passage in Hebrews goes on to say "In just a little while He who is coming will come".  
Did you catch that?  
In just a little while.  
I don't know how long your "just a little while"  will be.  I don't know how long mine will be but I am determined to hang on.  To be a woman who perseveres. To make God bigger than my problem.  To lean in and to trust His promises.  
Who knows maybe the answer we have been waiting for is only a week away!
Blessings!

No comments: